Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's Resolution

Hummmm? Wonder what it could be??? What every woman wants to do....loose weight! So, I thought if I kept track of it on here than maybe it will hold me more accountable. We will see.
I weighed last night and I weigh 4 pounds less than I did when I was 9 months pregnant. So, with that being said, I need to get busy. Knowing that I was going to start dieting, yesterday I tried to finish off all the Lindt Lindor Truffles...I didn't get them all eaten so I'm going to have to donate them to the school. I am proud to say that I brought a box of chocolates (still in the wrap) and several other bags of candy to put in the teacher's lounge! (But I didn't have the heart, yet, to donate my truffles...can't I reward myself on the weekend?) Uggghh! That's heartbreaking.
Ok, so today is the first day of dieting....I ate a bowl of cereal (and in just a few minutes I have to go down and "have breakfast" with my coworkers...I'm going to try not to eat anything!!!). For lunch I brought a frozen meal. It only has 3 grams of fat for half the box. I will probably eat the whole box so that it fills me up. In comparing it to the Lean Cuisines and the Smart Ones it has less fat and calories. So hopefully that will work. I'm sure anything is better than McDonald's double cheeseburgers and fries! :) Happy dieting!!! I'm off to the breakfast...with McDonald's biscuits, grits, sausage, doughnuts, breakfast casseroles, etc. Let's test my will power....it's probably a good thing it's not a chocolate buffet or my diet would have to start tomorrow! :)

Ok, so I made it through the breakfast and what do I see when I get back to my computer??? An email asking me to buy Girl Scout cookies! (They only sell them once a year, what will one or two boxes hurt? I'll freeze them and that can be my reward too!) Man, dieting is tough. I am proud of my will power at breakfast though, not so much on the Girl Scout cookies! Well it's 11:00am and time for lunch. My bowl of cereal and fat free milk is way gone now and I'm starving!!! So, here's to my frozen lunch in a box! Happy dieting!

2 comments:

Debra Deal said...

Good luck on your dieting and i hope you loose all the weight you want to. It seems to me when I diet i tend to eat more. So good luck. You are beautiful no matter what you weigh, but I want you happy with yourself. I love you, Momma

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you on the diet thing. Maybe we can motivate each other from afar :)

Amanda


Riding a pony

"Mom, I've got to potty!"

Lacey @ Halloween 2008

Lacey @ Halloween 2008
Little Barbie Fairy

Lacey's 3rd Birthday Party

Lacey's 3rd Birthday Party
clowning around