Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dieting Day4

Ok, so dieting is hard but I think I've been doing ok. I've stayed away from fast food. The other night, Tuesday I think, my daughter wanted McDonald's for dinner so she could get the Alvin and the Chipmunk toy, so I took her. One thing I learned in Weight Watchers was that if you are really craving something don't deprive yourself of it but have a small portion, so I ordered her the mighty kids meal and ate 1, yes one, chicken nugget and only 3 french fries. Of course I wanted more but I think that's good enough will power and it satisfied my taste buds for a little while. As for what I'm eating the rest of the time...every morning I have cereal for breakfast and I do drink 2 diet caffeine free cokes throughout the day and then water the rest of the time. At school, our lunches are pretty healthy. They don't fry anything and they haven't been serving the delicious buttermilk ranch dressing, so that's a big help! Today I brought a frozen box lunch and tonight we are going to cook shake n bake chicken, green beans and probably stove top stuffing or something like that.
Ok, so all that sounds wonderful but I must confess I haven't completely given up the chocolate. I did finish off the bag of Lindt truffles but only 2 at a time per day! So, is that really that bad? Probably but it's better than eating 5 or 6, right? :)
I'm not a big exerciser so I really haven't been doing what I need to. Today was the first day that I "worked out" on the wii fit. I did physical workout for 21 minutes (worked up a sweat) and then I did several minutes of the balance training. I'm sure I should have done it for about an hour but I had an audience of students watching me...no fun! They enjoyed it though! So, maybe tomorrow I will increase to 30 minutes.
Amanda, how are you doing with your dieting? Please tell me you've cheated a little bit...if only to help my feelings! :)
Happy dieting...and Roll Tide!
(Oh, funny story...one of my students is a Texas Longhorn fan...boo. I made a "bet" with her that if Texas wins I'd bring her a treat, if Alabama wins she can bring me a treat...just for the record, she's the one who bought me the Lindt truffles...hehehe! BUT, I told her since I was dieting that she could just bring me a can of soup instead of chocolate. She laughed and told me to buy her a book, cause Texas was going to win!) {I bet betting with a student is a major no no in school board policy, huh? Might not should have posted that! Just kidding!}
Once again, happy dieting and Roll Tide!

No comments:


Riding a pony

"Mom, I've got to potty!"

Lacey @ Halloween 2008

Lacey @ Halloween 2008
Little Barbie Fairy

Lacey's 3rd Birthday Party

Lacey's 3rd Birthday Party
clowning around