Friday, May 22, 2009

Photography skills

This is my attempt one afternoon to be a photographer with a back drop and a 4 year old. Let me say that it didn't go well at all and I have now realized that the best pictures of children are natural pictures when you catch them off guard and they aren't posed. I bribed Lacey to let me take her picture in her ballerina dress by telling her that after pictures we would bake cupcakes, which we did. The first 2 pictures are of her pulling out a "wedgie"! And the other pictures are the best that I could get. You can tell by the coloring and lighting that I was playing with the different settings. I'm still not sure about the different shutter speeds, the ISO, etc! Still learning. But until then I will have fun taking the various pictures! Oh, and some were outside and some were inside. The ones with the reddish tint to her hair were inside and the crisper pictures were outside. Big difference! Lynn and I are going to be brave this weekend and see if we can get some more pictures to add to our collection! I definitely need to take some photography classes! But here you go.....



These are the cupcakes that we made. On another blog I found these rainbow cupcakes. I didn't have a recipe or anything but just figured you put food coloring in the batter and then layered them in the cupcake pan...well we did! We stumped our toe when putting in the food coloring so that's why we have such vibrant colors! Note...the gel colors work the best, but you only need a little bit. If you use liquid food coloring you will need a lot to tint the cake mix. The purple and blue were Lacey's favorite colors!

2 comments:

Debra Deal said...

She made a pretty princess even with the weggie. Very unual cupcakes. Kids would love them.

Lynn Castleberry said...

Those turned out cute! I do have my favorites; the B & W of course and the one with her resting her head on her hands. Maybe we'll get some good ones today!


Riding a pony

"Mom, I've got to potty!"

Lacey @ Halloween 2008

Lacey @ Halloween 2008
Little Barbie Fairy

Lacey's 3rd Birthday Party

Lacey's 3rd Birthday Party
clowning around