Thursday, May 14, 2009

Birthday Parties...yes plural!

Ok, first.....on her birthday Zane had to continue with tradition and give her 4 birthday "licks". She wasn't so sure about that but then laughed it off!Zane wanted to give Lacey something for her birthday that he loved as a kid so he ordered these off the internet for her! She LOVES Pete's Dragon! We got Pinocchio also to teach her what telling a story is all about. She's starting to fib a little bit and she doesn't understand what she's doing!
Zane and Lacey watching Pete's Dragon!
First birthday party to celebrate being 4 years old. Her babysitter allowed us to bring balloons, cake, ice cream, cheese puffs, juice and treat bags to celebrate. I left work for a little while to watch her blow out her candles. Oh, and since her "real" birthday party was going to be all matchy matchy, I let her pick out everything for this. She wanted Tinkerbell plates and a Thumbelina cake and primary color balloons and treat bags...oh and she also wanted to put the dirty teeth mouth pieces in the goody bags! So, I let her!
Her best friend at daycare, Emily! Beautiful eyes!
Blowing out her candles with Emily, Leah, Katie, Luke, and Miley!
When we got home this is what we found in our yard! Lacey loved it!Ok, now to Saturday, the day of the big party! Cameron's sister, Sissy cut his hair so my dad and brother had to fix it. They actually gave him a cute hair cut that will probably be nice and cool for the summer!
Here is what I worked on Saturday morning....Would you believe that I don't have a picture of the finished product? Lynn does! Check out her blog!
Mom painted this board for the kids to throw water balloons at. My intention was to put point values on the board and let them aim at the board. All evening I debated on whether or not to bring out the water balloons and opted to not get them out! I knew if I got them out, I'd be the first one hit! So it was a good idea in thought but not gonna work this year! Serious and Silly face! Car crash!! I think Lacey and Cameron took out the t-ball set!
Lacey and Granny!
Ok, so another idea for a party game was to paint 3 flowers on the side walk and have the children throw sticky frogs and try to get them to land in the center of the flower. The kids enjoyed just throwing the frogs more than anything! I don't think they even noticed the flowers too much!
Ok, if you click on this picture and look at the girls' faces you will see how serious Madison is and how Lacey is hopping....not on the hop scotch! The side walk chaulk and blow up jumping toy was the hit of the party! The kids loved it!
Too cute! I wish Lacey didn't have such a dirty face! The black nose is because earlier that day she went to a town party on the square and they had face painting. She let me wash off everything except the black nose. I couldn't say no and so I let her wear the black nose throughout her party!

Drunks....do not play hop scotch very well! Trust me, my mother knows all too well! That was too funny! I wished I had my camera but I was too busy playing too!
Daddy and Lacey dancing the first dance....Low, low, low! Apple bottom jeans and the boots with the fur!

Madison with her dress hiked up!
Since you put one of me on your blog here's the only one I took of you, Mrs. Popwell!

Carolyn and her sister Shirley, and her daughter Debra! (We are going with them to Myrtle Beach in a couple of weeks and really looking forward to it! Yeah!)
Debra!
Cameron is such an awesome baby! I LOVE snapping pictures of him! Chastity is too but he just can't help but smile!

Flu, Chops, Lance, Phillip, Jay and Scott...the normal gang minus Jim Ed and Z!


Dad with his handy blender! Marguritas anyone?Tina, you're going to kill me for this picture but I love Phillip and your face! I couldn't resist! Jim Ed Jams! Thanks Jim! Mom, after playing hop scotch!!!
Sunday playing ball with Daddy and cousin, Rebecca (Carolyn's brother's granddaughter, does that make them cousins?)

4 comments:

Tina K Rogers said...

i wont kill you! great pics. the one of your mom and lacey.... i love the color. fun time. our girls are getting big!

Tina K Rogers said...

That pic of Phil cracks me up! Fun times!!

Lynn Castleberry said...

That second Tina comment was actually me; I didn't log in as myself.

Debra Deal said...

Great pictures! Had a great time but i will leave the hop scotch to the kids. Lisa you did a great birhtday party as usual.


Riding a pony

"Mom, I've got to potty!"

Lacey @ Halloween 2008

Lacey @ Halloween 2008
Little Barbie Fairy

Lacey's 3rd Birthday Party

Lacey's 3rd Birthday Party
clowning around