Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Long Weekend!

Ok, so my husband asked if I was going to write about Valentine's Day on here....of course I am! It was a very nice relaxing weekend. My husband needs help when it comes to gift buying. I usually have to hint really big for him to get it (so here goes for my birthday on March 7th...honey, I want a new bedroom suit and a camera....not asking for much, ehh? But it's the big 3-0!) Just Kidding, well kind of. Anyway, back to the weekend, he asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day and I said a day of rest. I want a day that I can watch Lifetime movies, daydream, stay in my pajamas, not cook, etc. So, he did that for me. He took Lacey to town twice and took us out to dinner. So, I got to enjoy 2 Lifetime movies and a day of semi-not cooking (I cooked breakfast). Sunday was relaxing...went to church, had a friend come over for dinner, some more movies, then on Monday, the same....movies and rest! It was very refreshing but it made for a lazy day today at work. My body got used to staying up late (well later than usual) and sleeping in. I did NOT want to get up this morning at 5am. It's amazing how when you are single or without children you take for granted the alone time or you wish to have something to do. I love my husband and my daughter but every once in a while I like to just chill out and not do anything....no cooking, no cleaning, no watching Barbie movies, no nothing but quiet time (a good book or a movie). Of course I would not trade my life for anything different right now but sometimes you just need a few moments to stop and breathe out. Thank you sweetheart for a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

Lynn Castleberry said...

Well, it sounds like a great weekend to me. Maybe you will get both of those things for your birthday. Who was the friend that came over? Glad you had a good one! :)

Tina K Rogers said...

awe, what a great weekend. one time that's what i wanted from scott. he cleaned and cooked and it was absoutely wonderful. i'm glad you had such a relaxing weekend. i was on the go soo much. call me next time you come into town so we can let the girls play together. still in search of a condo for spring break. i'm hoping prices come down.


Riding a pony

"Mom, I've got to potty!"

Lacey @ Halloween 2008

Lacey @ Halloween 2008
Little Barbie Fairy

Lacey's 3rd Birthday Party

Lacey's 3rd Birthday Party
clowning around