Monday, March 9, 2009

Birthday!

Well, considering the circumstances I had a nice birthday! My mother and my best friend did everything in their power to make it a wonderful one and it was. The day before my birthday and before my grandfather's funeral my mother took me to the beauty shop and paid for me a massage, pedicure and manicure. We also had my hair done and eyebrows waxed. She bought me yellow box flip flops and a tackle box for my cake decorating supplies. (Bass Pro Shops at that! So my cake tips will have a namebrand caddy! Too funny, but wonderful!) Then the day of the funeral and my 30th birthday, I woke up early and rushed but still managed to go to a couple yard sales with Lynn, then make it to the funeral home by 9:15! Yes, 9:15! Can you believe it? Then after the funeral, I was able to rest a little bit and that's when Lynn brought me a cake and a gift card to go shopping! So, in all it was a nice birthday. I appreciate those that tried to make an otherwise gloomy day such a joyous day. I have wonderful friends and family and I am truly grateful! (Lynn, we will have our "girl party" later! I'm looking forward to it, but I'm still expecting the lasagna!)

2 comments:

Lynn Castleberry said...

You got it! Just tell me when. We buried my pawpaw on Madison's first birthday. It is not idealistic to have such a sad occassion the same as such a joyous one. I am glad we were able to shed a little joy on such a somber day.
I hope to post very soon. Just downloaded all of those pics. Maybe tomorrow!

Tina K Rogers said...

Lisa, Happy 30th a couple days late. I am sorry about your grandfather. I hope we'll be able to do our girl's night soon. I have a gift for you, but was unable to manage time to run down and give it to you on Saturday. Maybe this weekend we can all hang out.


Riding a pony

"Mom, I've got to potty!"

Lacey @ Halloween 2008

Lacey @ Halloween 2008
Little Barbie Fairy

Lacey's 3rd Birthday Party

Lacey's 3rd Birthday Party
clowning around