Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving day was absolutely wonderful. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I had my husband, my daughter, my dad, MaryLynn, Ian, my mother-in-law (Carolyn), Lance, my brother and his 2 babies all over for dinner. I had prepared all the side dishes the day before so they were ready to pop in the oven...BUT....hadn't cooked the turkey. My dad said, "no problem, we'll pop it in the oven that morning and it will only need 4 hours or so to cook." Well it took about 6 and a half, but let me tell you that was the best turkey I have ever eaten. It was so tender and juicy. It was well worth the wait. I think I starved everyone before the dinner that they inhaled the food on the table. Everyone said it was delicious and I think it was for my first Thanksgiving meal. Even Lance liked it and I thought he only liked meat and french fries. After dinner we all laid around and watched tv and hung out outside with all the children. What a nice ending to a somewhat stressful day. By stressful, I mean just the anticipation. "Is it ready yet?"
I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving day with their family and friends!

2 comments:

Lynn Castleberry said...

Great job! I really enjoyed looking at that pic of the girls at Madison's first birthday. It is hard to believe how much they have grown! I need to add music to mine but simply haven't had time.

Lynn Castleberry said...

Well, I finally added music. Go check it out. I LOVE that pic of Z and Lacey in front of the falls at night. She looks so pretty! Next time you add a post, change it add the bottom so I can add comments about those particular pictures. Love ya!


Riding a pony

"Mom, I've got to potty!"

Lacey @ Halloween 2008

Lacey @ Halloween 2008
Little Barbie Fairy

Lacey's 3rd Birthday Party

Lacey's 3rd Birthday Party
clowning around